Tour de France de Kadel - Choose your destination - 15 May 2015 Stream 2 - 10:00
Provider: Alliance Française de Sydney
Date: 15 May 2015
Start Time: 10:00
End Time: 11:00 AM
Closing Date: Bookings Close 30-Apr-2015
Availability: DEC and Non-DEC
DEC Positions: 2
Non-DEC Positions: 1
Price: $ 15 per participant
KLA Syllabus: Primary
Key Learning Area/s:
Event Overview: Pupils will follow Kadel the Kangaroo around France’s beautiful regions. The Alliance Française de Sydney and NSW Department of Education have created culturally and linguistically enhancing lessons to complement language teaching in local schools. This workshop consists of 10 independent units. With Kadel you will enjoy learning French grammar and vocabulary with various fun activities.
You can choose from the following workshops:
· Introduction : Préparatifs avant le depart. Pupils will learn how to introduce themselves, pack a bag with clothes and accessories for their travel. Activity: they will make their own passport .
· Lesson 1: La Nouvelle-Calédonie: Pupils will learn how to talk about their family, discover New Caledonia throught places, customs, wildlife. Activity: jeu des 10 familles
· Lesson 2: Ile-de-France: Pupils will learn how to count to 20, indicate a direction, discover Paris throught its monuments. Activity: game on monuments, and game boarding (jeu de l’oie)
· Lesson 3 : Normandie & Bretagne: Pupils will discover a gastronomic region and learn how to make crepes and follow a recipe : vocabulary for ingredients, utensils. Activity: crepe making
· Lesson 4 : Centre et Pays de la Loire: Pupils will discover this beautiful region throught castles, forts, history of kings and lords and learn how to talk about accomodation, rooms and objects that belong to each room . Activity: Hidden words, bingo and fortified castle competition.
· Lesson 5 : Aquitaine et Midi-Pyrénées: Pupils will discover this beautiful region throught a prehistory’ angle : what were the customs in Palaeolithic? What animals were there? They will learn how to talk about the wild animals and discover the Lascaux Cave. Activity: puzzle.
· Lesson 6 : Provence, Côte d’Azur, et Corse: Pupils will learn names for transportation. They will go in a journey through the south of France: Aix en provence, orange and learn specifics about this region. Activity: labyrinth
· Lesson 7 : Rhône-Alpes: Kadel the Kangaroo has arrived in the Alps area, where the Mont Blanc is. In this lesson, pupils will learn what sports they can practise and will also speak about Olympic Games that took place in this area. Activity: picture book, crosswords
· Lesson 8 : Alsace Lorraine: Famous for its Christmas Markets, student will discover gastronomy from this area. They will also learn seasons, months and some of traditional celebrations. Activity : song (repeat 3 sounds), calendar quiz, find-a-word
· Lesson 9 : Reims Champagne: In this unit, pupils will go on a time machine journey and meet celebrities from the old days. Let’s bring them to the Cathedral in Reims in 499 where they can meet Clovis! They will learn how to interview a celebrity and write a travel diary. Activity: handcraft puppet.
· Lesson 10 : Nord-Pas-de-Calais: Pupils will learn how to describe someone in French and discover giants that live in this area. Activity: word association, guessing game.
Additional Booking Instructions: For further questions or booking do not hesitate to contact our school coordinator : firstname.lastname@example.org