Join our Aboriginal narrator for an interactive exploration of the Indigenous history of Bennelong Point. Students will learn about the daily life of the clan that inhabited Sydney Cove, the changes that came with the arrival of Governor Phillip, the struggles of the early settlers and the fascinating story of the man called Bennelong.
|Provider||Provider Sydney Opera House|
|Presenter||Presenter Sydney Opera House|
|Contact Details||Contact Details firstname.lastname@example.org 9250 7770|
|Date & Time||Date & Time 12:00|
|Duration||Duration 45 mins (starts at 12.15pm)|
|Bookings Close||Bookings Close 14 September 2018|
|Availability||Availability Non-DEC: 4 Positions Available|
Stage 2,Stage 3
Year 3,Year 4,Year 5,Year 6
Human Society and its Environment
The Past in the Present; Community and Remembrance; First Contacts; The Australian Colonies; Australia as a Nation; People and Places; The Earth and Environment; A Diverse and Connected World
CHECKLIST FOR VIRTUAL EXCURSION:
1) Book your virtual excursion using the form on this site
2) A confirmation email will be sent to you from DART Connections
3) A confirmation email and further information will be sent to you from Sydney Opera House at least one week before the event.
4) COMPLETE A SUCCESSFUL TEST with your equipment
- Test your equipment at least one week before your virtual excursion
- Dial the VMR number listed below any time before 10am or after 3pm
- If you are unsuccessful in completing a test, call DART on 1800 824 427 for technical assistance Completing a test with your equipment or VC hardware ensures a successful connection on the day.
PLEASE NOTE THIS SESSION COMMENCES AT 12.15PM
· Recommended maximum of 30 students (1 class) per session. Please email email@example.com with any specific requests regarding additional students.
· Please clear your classroom of desks and chairs and have students sitting on the floor in front of the screen.
· Please make sure the camera is positioned with all students in view so that our Presenter can easily interact with all students.
· Please dial in 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the session at 12.00pm
· Please note you will be charged a fee of $100 if you fail to dial-in on the day, so if you can no longer proceed with your booked session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least two days prior.