Shaun Tan is a Melbourne-based artist, author and illustrator whose award winning books including The Red Tree, The Rabbits, The Arrival, Tales from Outer Suburbia, and The Lost Thing. Shaun creates stories that encourage readers to ask questions rather than reach conclusions.
In this digital livestreamed talk, Shaun will discuss the motivationbehind his work, and how his illustrations and words powerfully communicate his ideas for realistic stories that don’t necessarily offer happy endings.
This talk will be delivered via a Youtube live stream only. When you are booked in for this experience you will recieve the link to view the talk a week prior via email.
To stay up to date with Digital Creative Learning activity sign up for our e-News Letter https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/schools/creative-learning-enews.html or join the Sydney Opera House for Teachers and Educators Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/471738479998388/
|Provider||Provider Sydney Opera House|
|Presenter||Presenter Sydney Opera House|
|Contact Details||Contact Details email@example.com 9250 7770|
|Date & Time||Date & Time 12:00|
|Duration||Duration 45 minutes|
|Bookings Close||Bookings Close 08 June 2019|
|Positions Available||Positions Available 130 Positions Available|
Stage 2,Stage 3,Stage 4
Year 5,Year 6,Year 7,Year 8,Year 9,Year 10,Year 11,Year 12
Creative Arts,English,Personal Development/Health and Physical Education
Personal Development Health and Physical Education Life Skills,Reading
Author, Australian author, Shaun Tan, The Playground, The Lost Thing, The Red Tree, The Arrival, Tales from Outer Suburbia, The Bird King and other sketches, Rules of Summer, Tales from the Inner City
|Requirements for this excursion||
Requirements for this excursion
CHECKLIST FOR VIRTUAL EXCURSION:
1) Book your virtual excursion using the form on this site
2) A confirmation email will be sent to you from DART Connections
3) A confirmation email and further information will be sent to you from Sydney Opera House at least one week before the event.
|For more information about this excursion content||
For more information about this excursion content
LEASE NOTE THIS SESSION COMMENCES AT 12:00pm
· Please dial in 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the session at 11:45am
· Please note you will be charged a fee of $100 if you fail to dial-in on the day,so if you can no longer proceed with your booked session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least two days prior.