Join us on World Autism Day for a talk with Brisbane’s internationally acclaimed artist Tim Sharp.
Diagnosed with Autism Tim's artistic talent developed from age of 11 creating his own super hero, Laser Beak Man. Tim's creativity has seen him become the first person in the world with Autism to have his art turned into an animated television series screening on the ABC and internationally. His art is sold to collectors from around the world and in 2017 a theatrical adaptation of Laser Beak Man had its world premiere at the Brisbane Festival.
This digital talk will focus on why Tim Sharp’s approach to drawing and storytelling and how he was inspired to create Laser Beak Man.
To stay up to date with Digital Creative Learning activity sign up for our e-News Letter https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/schools/creative-learning-enews.html or join the Sydney Opera House for Teachers and Educators Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/471738479998388/
|Provider||Provider Sydney Opera House|
|Presenter||Presenter Sydney Opera House|
|Contact Details||Contact Details [email protected] 9250 7770|
|Date & Time||Date & Time 12:00|
|Duration||Duration 45 Minutes|
|Bookings Close||Bookings Close 03 April 2019|
|Availability||Availability Non-DEC: 40 Positions Available|
Stage 2,Stage 3,Stage 4
Year 5,Year 6,Year 7,Year 8
Reading,Talking and Listening,Writing
Author, Australian author, Tim Sharp, Laser Beak Man, Autism, Judy Sharp ,World Autism Day
CHECKLIST FOR VIRTUAL EXCURSION:
1) Book your virtual excursion using the form on this site
2) A confirmation email will be sent to you from DART Connections
3) A confirmation email and further information will be sent to you from Sydney Opera House at least one week before the event.
4) COMPLETE A SUCCESSFUL TEST with your equipment
- Test your equipment at least one week before your virtual excursion
- Dial the VMR number listed below any time before 10am or after 3pm
- If you are unsuccessful in completing a test, call DART on 1800 824 427 for technical assistance Completing a test with your equipment or VC hardware ensures a successful connection on the day.
This session will be available via video conferencing for those with the equipment. This is the preferred option for being able to interact and ask questions.
If you do not have access to video conferencing equipment and would like to participate, we will also offer the session via Youtube stream. Please write in the notes field if you wish to receive the Youtube link.
PLEASE NOTE THIS SESSION COMMENCES AT 12:00pm
· Please dial in 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the session at 12.45pm
· Please note you will be charged a fee of $100 if you fail to dial-in on the day,so if you can no longer proceed with your booked session, please email us at [email protected] at least two days prior.