In our performance workshop,Clowning around with Beatboxing and Mime, Dr AudiYO - Holly Austin - will guide students through a series of exercises designed to unlock imaginative play.
Holly will teach skills in mime and help students invent their very own clown character. Along the way beatboxing will be introduced to create sound effects that will underscore your clown character comedy.
Holly Austin is one of Australia’s most versatile multi-disciplinary performers celebrated for her individuality in theatre-making and her unique vocal dexterity. She studied Clowning with Pierre Byland in Switzerland and Improvisation with Keith Johnstone at Loose Moose Theatre Company in Canada, and at Second City in Chicago.
In addition to being a versatile and skilled performer, Holly is a writer for both stage & screen, generating much of her own work.
Holly is also a musician and beatboxer and played at the SXSW Festival with Sui Zhen as well as performing with the likes of Grammy Award winning artist Common, Martha Wainwright, John Butler, Amanda Palmer, Holly Throsby
|Excursion Type||Excursion Type Live Event|
|Provider||Provider Sydney Opera House|
|Presenter||Presenter Sydney Opera House|
|Contact Details||Contact Details email@example.com 9250 7770|
|Date & Time||Date & Time 14:00|
|Duration||Duration 45 Minutes|
|Bookings Close||Bookings Close 18 June 2021|
|Positions Available||Positions Available 7 Positions Available|
Stage 3,Stage 4
Year 6,Year 7,Year 8
Beatboxing, clowning, music, physicality, movement, voice,
|Requirements for this excursion||
Requirements for this excursion
CHECKLIST FOR VIRTUAL EXCURSION:
1) Book your virtual excursion using the form on this site
2) A confirmation email will be sent to you from DART Connections
3) A confirmation email and further information will be sent to you from Sydney Opera House at least one week before the event.
4) COMPLETE A SUCCESSFUL TEST with your Zoom equipment
- Test your equipment at least one week before your virtual excursion
- Dial the through the Zoom login details that will be sent to you by Sydney Opera House and ensure that you can connect, can see and hear the SOH feed and that yourcamera and microphone are working correctly
- If you are unsuccessful in completing a test, contact Sydney Opera House Creative Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org for technical assistance. Completing a test with your equipment or VC hardware ensures a successful connection on the day.
|For more information about this excursion content||
For more information about this excursion content
Name: SOH Creative Learning Team
Phone: 9250 7770
PLEASE NOTE THIS SESSION COMMENCES AT 2:00pm
· Please dial in 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the session at 1:45pm
· Recommended maximum of 30 students (1 class) per session. Please email email@example.com with any specific requests regarding additional students.
· This booking entitles you to one dial in link with all students watching from the same space. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific requests regarding additional students.
· Please clear your classroom of desks and chairs and have students sitting on the floor in front of the screen.
· Please make sure the camera is positioned with all students in view so that our Presenter can easily interact with all students.
· If you are unable to proceed with your booked session, please email us at email@example.com at least two days prior. Bookers who fail to attend on their booked sessions without providing notice may be barred from further bookings.