In this new workshop, students will work with spoken word artist and creative writing teacher Bilal Hafda to explore different styles of spoken word poetry. The workshop will encourage students to use poetry to express emotions and ideas and communicate dramatic meaning through their own writing as well as how to lift the words off the page to bring them alive for performance.
Participants will develop skills in editing their own writing and then turning it into a performance to successfully convey their ideas.
Presented in partnership with Story Factory.
|Excursion Type||Excursion Type Live Event|
|Provider||Provider Sydney Opera House|
|Presenter||Presenter Sydney Opera House and Story Factory|
|Contact Details||Contact Details firstname.lastname@example.org 9250 7770|
|Date & Time||Date & Time 12:15|
|Duration||Duration 45 Minutes|
|Bookings Close||Bookings Close 20 March 2021|
|Positions Available||Positions Available NSW Public Schools: 2 Positions Available Other Schools: 2 Positions Available Home Schools: 2 Positions Available|
Stage 3,Stage 4
Year 5,Year 6,Year 7,Year 8
Drama,Reading,Talking and Listening
Poetry, Spoken Word Poetry, Beat Poetry, English, Creative Writing, Expressive Writing, Performance, Dramatic writing
|Requirements for this excursion||
Requirements for this excursion
CHECKLIST FOR VIRTUAL EXCURSION:
1) Book your virtual excursion using the form on this site
2) A confirmation email will be sent to you from DART Connections
3) A confirmation email and further information will be sent to you from Sydney Opera House at least one week before the event.
4) COMPLETE A SUCCESSFUL TEST with your Zoom equipment
- Test your equipment at least one week before your virtual excursion
- Dial the through the Zoom login details that will be sent to you by Sydney Opera House and ensure that you can connect, can see and hear the SOH feed and that yourcamera and microphone are working correctly
- If you are unsuccessful in completing a test, contact Sydney Opera House Creative Learning at email@example.com for technical assistance. Completing a test with your equipment or VC hardware ensures a successful connection on the day.
|For more information about this excursion content||
For more information about this excursion content
Name: SOH Creative Learning Team
Phone: 9250 7770
PLEASE NOTE THIS SESSION COMMENCES AT 12:15PM
· Please dial in 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the session at 12:00pm
· Recommended maximum of 30 students (1 class) per session. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific requests regarding additional students.
· This booking entitles you to one dial in link with all students watching from the same space. Please email email@example.com with any specific requests regarding additional students.
· Please clear your classroom of desks and chairs and have students sitting on the floor in front of the screen.
· Please make sure the camera is positioned with all students in view so that our Presenter can easily interact with all students.
· If you are unable to proceed with your booked session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least two days prior. Bookers who fail to attend on their booked sessions without providing notice may be barred from further bookings.